Familiar Forever is a 48h game jam, celebrating Ludum Dare 38. It will be held
in Sevilla (Spain), and it will be a very special jam, because it will be the first time that we have a Ludum Dare on-site event in the city.
We've been having great game jams in the city lately, with lots of participants, sponsors, free food, etc. It's a great time for being a game developer in Sevilla! But hey! This time we're going back to the roots! It will be just a bunch of friends making games and having fun. Great game jams are not about lots of resources, but about great ambience!
We're sorry but we have no room left for more participants!
Familiar Forever will be held at La Gallina Coworking, a very cozy place in the barrio of Nervión. The date is the weekend of April 21st-23rd. Doors will be opened on Friday at 17h!
There will be cheap beer, coffee and soft drinks (1€) served by our hostess. You can bring your own food if you want (there's a microwave oven) or you can enjoy some of the bars around. There are some supermarkets very close too!
What to bring?
- Your own computer, with all the software you may need. A WiFi adaptor is needed to have internet access! Petru, I'll bring mine for you, don't worry
- Headphones. Speakers are forbidden!
- A power strip.
- Some kind of cushion, because no chair is comfortable enough for 48 hours of gamedev :)
- Pen and paper.
- Please, bring some kind of hat.
- Other useful stuff: usb drives, microphones, musical instruments, slippers, etc.
Theme and teams
tldr: we know nothing
Good news: there's a balanced amount of programmers and artists! There will be a couple of audio guys too as well! We'll try to make team proposals during next week. Please keep an eye on your email account :)
As you may know, LD theme will be made public very late at Friday night, so we'll make something special to select the theme!!
A comprehensive list in no particular order.
- sergeeo: a.k.a. the annoying guy with a mic and a big head.
- derosa: best beard ever. Coding teacher, game programmer, family man and dandy.
- cafar: table tennis teacher with a weird hairdo.
- ignorantedelavida: sexy 3d artist / rigger / animator. Ex-life guard.
- espetoman: impaled grilled fish eater, fond of explosions and screenshake.
- superplou: shrimp lover, lore builder, pixel artist.
- quintanilla: forthcoming programming guru, 90s football lover, casual marathon runner.
- angie: 3d modeller, virtual fashion designer. Animates croquetas.
- paltian: lawyer, albatros hunter and musician. Eats twelve donuts in five minutes.
- fromguer: music composer and audio guy. Loves FM8 synthesizer.
- drmeowgon: destroys hard drives at every jam. 3d artist.
- canochaba: willing to learn game maker in this jam. Again.
- momiabln: code teacher, juice hater, singleton instantiator.
- cviola: paranoia. Cucumber. Paranoia. Cucumber. Paranoia. Cucumber.
- shaka: lounge dancer with a love for Dragon's Lair, art and red bull.
- ami_diggory: lovely pokémon trainer, dinosaur tamer and artist.
- jvazquez: coder, producer, alioli eater. Handsome guy.
- thefronze: "fynalsynt.wav" composer and logic teacher.
- kirblue: has seen every sitcom in history. Derek Yu wannabe.
- luke: vocational designer, professional coder. Espeto-eater.
- rollerkazike: talks japanese and skates. Valkyria Revenge creator.
- firstname.lastname@example.org: pixel artist and PR. Uses his email address for everything.
Familiar Forever is organized by sergeeo. Please feel free to contact me, specially if you want to organize you own game jam!
Hosting provided by the greatest David Erosa.
Please support Mike Kasprzak's work!